AVBOB, AFRICA’S LARGEST MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY PROVIDING A UNIQUE FUNERAL AND BURIAL INSURANCE SOLUTION, HAS A VACANCY FOR: JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER.
The position mentioned above exists within the ICT department.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of a variety of software solutions ranging from commercial applications to advanced software for controlling highly technical hardware and equipment.
- Responsible for the design, development and support of web services, produces state-of-the-art web applications
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and improvement of business intelligence solutions.
- Be sure to keep up to date with modern software engineering practices and technologies and be enthusiastic about teamwork, lean thinking and agile delivery.
- Play a central role within the development team and mentor and coach junior developers by helping them make decisions regarding development approaches and technology.
- Strive to create visually appealing web applications that feature a user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Responsible for the design, development and support of web services and applications within a team.
- Ensure and understand user needs as specified by business analysts.
- Assess business critical change request for new or modified programs.
- Maintain documentation and describe program development, logic, coding, testing, modifications, and fixes.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- A relevant IT development certification would be advantageous
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Microsoft Web Stack (MVC, C#, VB.net, Razor, IIS, ASP.net, WCF/Web Services, Web API)
- [URL Removed] Frames.
- Experience applying test-driven development and software engineering best practices. Solid
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- The development of mobile applications (IOS, Mono, Android) would be a plus.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization
- Analytical thinking
- Organizational vigilance
- Client orientation
- Responsive design
- the razor
- WCF/web services
- Web APIs
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position